COURSE CONTENT: The course provides the knowledge and practical skills necessary to apply safe well control practices in surface installations. GSP Training provides a highly experienced and accredited instructor and utilizes an effective blend of classroom theory, individual exercises, group discussion and drilling simulator practice. The course includes the following modules:
- Well Control Management;
- Understanding Fluids and Pressure;
- Primary Well Control;
- Dynamic Wellbore Pressures;
- Blowout Prevention (BOP) and Well Control Equipment;
- Causes of Kicks: Gas Migration, Kick Warning Signs;
- Diverting Shallow Gas Kicks;
- Shut-in Pressure Observation & Shut-in Procedures;
- Well Control Methods: Kill Methods and Kill Calculations;
- Deviated (Horizontal) Well Control;
- Handling On-bottom and Off-bottom Kicks;
- Stripping Operations;
- Handling Kicks while out of the Hole;
- Handling Kicks in Special Situations;
- Downhole and Equipment Problems during Well Control;
- Simulator exercises.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Candidates will gain a comprehensive knowledge of Well Control theory and learn how to apply this knowledge to most of the well control situations.
CERTIFICATE: GSP Training certificate, valid for 2 years.
COURSE DURATION: 4 days
TARGET GROUPS: The course addresses anyone involved in drilling and/or well control operations (from floor men to drillers), the roles expected to shut-in a well, with detailed training on kick detection shutting in the well, monitoring once the well is shut-in and monitoring the well-kill operation. Practical exercises and evaluation are conducted on the full-scale DrillSIM 6000 drilling simulator.
For further information please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +40 372 402 272 Mobile phone: +40 725 402 822